Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Why?

These are just a few shots that I drove around and got after the tornado damage, these few shots really do not do justice to the damage and the complete households lost the night of the tornadoes, but they were a few a could get within a short drive from the house. The scenes that the tornadoes have produced have been heart wrenching...farmers out cleaning their fields with their barns flattened behind them, a father and daughter sorting through they stuff to see what is salvageable, porches still standing with the house wiped away...in a few minutes their lives were changed forever. All of this got me thinking about what I would miss if my whole house was destroyed....

The foundation of this house is just to the right of the house, it was just picked up and shifted....

The trees look like it is the dead of winter bc their leaves were stripped off during the storm.

I couldn't zoom anymore but in this picture there is a couch turned upside down...



This house was crazy because only half of the house is gone
and the curtains are still blowing in the wind...

It is easy to look at things like this and wonder, Why?? Why, God?? my answer that I keep coming back to is that as humans we can only see such a small part of the whole picture, only a segment of the whole story that God is the author of. My small human brain doesn't understand it, so all I can do is trust that God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment