Sunday, December 12, 2010

to-do lists

I have not really blogged in quite awhile, life has just been sooooooo busy (I know, I know that is everyone's story right now) and that is because life is super busy right now. Just this last week I was home with super sick kids, connected with people in our community, drove down to Texas for a friend's graduation, picked up my sister at the airport, worked out, cooked, grocery shopped, kept the house clean and laundry going, I know this is nothing special just a normal week of life, and please don't misunderstand me, most of this stuff was great (well not the sick kid stuff :-() but connecting with the community God has given us and spending a few brief hours with my sister, seeing a friend graduate with his masters! All this stuff was great, but I am tired.
So why am I writing all this tonight? What does this have to do with anything? Well I guess my question is this where is the balance of living life like one giant to do list and really stopping and enjoying life? I don't just want to get through the day, week or even year and realized that I was just doing things to check them off my list. Is there a balance there or is that what life is when you are an adult? Living life with checklists and to-do's, but not in the checklists and to-do's.
Here in sit on Sunday night (too late) and I am going to face this next week with a little different approach, trying to be sensitive to when I need to let the 'lists' rest, and be sensitive to what God is calling me to do. These are precious moments I have been given with the girls and I want to teach my daughters (sponges if you will) that I have been blessed with as much as I can, about living life in God's presence. I want to be productive and relational....c'mon Monday bring it on!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I tend to get caught up in all my "to-do's" so it's nice to have a reminder to just enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete