Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cartoons and Community

Isabelle was watching Qubo one day and I just happen to hear this song as I was busying around beginning our day.

My Friend Rabbit
Theme Song
[Cherie Camp]

You use your head
I use mine
We'll put 'em together
And what'll we find?


We can do it when we do it together
We have fun, whatever we do
Let's keep thinking till we think it through
We can do it when we do it together


I've got an idea
And though we might mess up
We'll put our heads together
And we won't give up


Ba-dum-bum

We're a team with lots to share
It's not where going
It's how we're gonna get there


We can do it when we do it together
We can do it, me and my friend Rabbit.


The reason this song caught my attention was because I have learned how important community is (not the place you live i.e. a neighborhood, but the circle of people willing to get to know the real you with flinching or turning their backs on you), and how it changes our everyday life when we really get "community" and let it seep into the cracks of our hearts. We let people in and we let them see who we really are and we let them hear the thoughts we would normally keep to ourselves. We share and celebrate the joys of life, and we help shoulder the burdens of the darker times of life. In community, walls come down and we are held to a different standard because the mask is gone. It is a little scary and vulnerable, but it is awesome to know that people love you no matter what.

This song writer totally nailed what the theme song is in my life with the people that are doing life with me (some are here close to me and others live in different states) , it is awesome how the simple things in life such as a kids cartoon song can make me so thankful for the community I live in, and that God has given me.

I just want to say thank you to all my friends who love me and help me when I am in one of those 'funky-not-wanting-to-talk' moods. I love you guys!! BTW none of my friends are rabbits:)

Do you live in community?? Do you let people really see who you are??

No comments:

Post a Comment