Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mundanity of Life....

"Mundane. Boring. Unspectacular. Unnoticed. We want to do big things for God; the mundane is, well, mundane.Why does God make us prove ourselves in the small, unseen, mundane things before trusting us with more responsibility? Because integrity and character are born in the mundane places where no one sees but God. God cares more about who you are than about what you do. The mundane tasks you do today are significant-both in how they serve others and in how God is preparing you."

I cannot claim the greatness above, it came from my daily Bible study, but it really struck a chord deep in my heart and really challenged me on my attitude of the mundane things in life. It gets hard to be a mom of young kids (and I am sure kids in general, but I am just a mom of younger kids) you end up doing a lot that will never be seen a lot that may never be acknowledged, but it is stuff that matters. In serving your children they are learning to serve others. In loving your children, they are learning to love. In building relationships and ministering to people your children's eyes are seeing and their hearts are learning. What a beautiful opportunity we have to love and serve God, in training our children through our actions...wow.

"Because integrity and character are born when no one can see but God...."

No comments:

Post a Comment