Friday, April 23, 2010

Chalk Phobia

Let me start this post by saying that I have a fear of chalk...I hate touching it, looking at it, or hearing it. Even as I type I am getting chills. Ughhh. I hate it! However I have small children and outdoor chalk is a great way to spend an afternoon with them, it lets them be outside and be creative. I ran into this dilemma outside the other day because I really have a hard time looking at it. Trying to be a better mom, I guess I am also going to grow as a human in general (if liking chalk makes you a better person:), so out we go and I have this great idea....I will take a zip lock bag and hold onto the chalk while I write (deciding to grow a little at a time, I cannot feel it, hear it and hold it all in one day.)






So that is just what I did, I held the bag and the chalk, after a while Belle was watching me and decided that she too, needed a bag to hold hers, well I only took one and so there I was this huge phobia staring me in the face..."do I dare try to just be like a normal person with chalk??" I decided against being normal and took pics of the chalk instead so I could share. It was a fun and a very artistic day we made butterflies and wrote the alphabet, but I didn't beat my fear, I am afraid all I did was make my daughter think that she now needs a bag to write with chalk...great...I am passing on my fears. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment