Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Eye in her"

Something happens when you have kids, your children pick up quotes or specific things you say often and mimic them. This particular instance the girls were playing outside and I had to get something by the back door so I told Belle "be nice to your sister and watch her" then she responded with "don't worry mom I will keep an eye in her!" Although her quote from me was a little off (which also happens after you have kids) she got the main gist of it correct. I realized when I am leaving a room I always ask Jon, or whoever happens to be in the room, "hey can you keep an eye on her?" Isabelle will now tell me (usually when her and her sister want to get into something they know is off limits) Mom go in the kitchen or your room and I will keep an eye in her....funny. The question though is this, if she picked up something so small and simple as that, what else is she picking up?
Am I mirroring
Love
Patience
Kindness
Sincerity
Loyalty
Truthfulness
Integrity....
The qualities I want my daughters to have??
She is always watching, am I always teaching??

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! And, it's so true...they pick up everything!! Addison is starting to repeat just about everything I say! Great post!

    ReplyDelete