Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Summer

Tonight I sit writing with a heavy heart. I looked at my mom the other day and I wondered "does she know that when she got pregnant with Summer that she was giving me my best friend for life?" I am close to all my sister's (one of the benefits from being a middle child:) but Summer and I have actually been blessed to get to live near each other the last three years and that has developed our relationship a lot. So back to tonight, I looked at my little sister and she looked so tired. I know she is going through so much and I am beyond proud of her, but tonight I just wanted to hold her and protect her from life. I trust God and I know that He is in control and loves her way MORE than I do, and I am grateful for that. Summer is going through a lot, and I hear some people say 'oh it isn't that big of a deal, a lot of people of to have holes in their hearts patched up' and to those people I say, 'shut it, and when it is your child that is having open heart surgery and eating through tubes then you can decide how not a big deal this is (sorry for the tangit but it makes me mad). My sister has learned and has several times put feeding tubes down her own daughters nose, and in spite of being worn out and tired my sister has continued to pump and feed Lyric the best possible (some woman give up just because it doesn't feel great) but not my sister, my sister had $400.00 (which was money for the surgery time:() stolen from her car Sunday and still found a reason to praise in the midst of everything else, my sister is learning to take every moment as a precious gift not knowing what the road ahead holds. My sister is an amazing woman and Summer when you read this, whenever that might be, know you are doing an awesome job handling more in this short time than God ever entrusts to someone in a lifetime to bring glory to His name. There is no where else I would rather be than to be holding her heart and hand during this time...I love you Summie!
I heard this song (I Will Wait for You There by Phil Whickham) and wanted to dedicate to my sister Summer. Summer give me your hand as we journey on and may we always be able to find hallelujahs in the midst of life....
I will wait for You there
Down on my knees where I met You
Give You all of my cares
Find a grace to hold onto now
I’m calling for You
I will wait for You there
far from the world and it’s violence
It left broken and bare
I need to hear You in the silence now
I’m calling for You
And with outstretched arms I will sing out melodies
And my beating heart Will pour out a symphony
Hallelujah’s in the morning
Hallelujah’s in the night
I will wait for you as long as I have life
I will wait for You there
Down On my knees where I met you
Cause life is a war fought with tears
But You are the strength I hold onto now
I’m calling for you

3 comments:

  1. Randi words can not express my love for you. Thanks for being there for me at anytime & for letting me be whatever I need to be at whatever moment with no suggestions, no judgement, & with love! You are amazing & I will forever cherish our freindship. God has been so good to me, He gave me you :-)
    God gave me you for the ups & downs, God gave me you for the days of doubt, but when I think I've lost my way there are no words here left to say its true... GOD GAVE ME YOU!
    Thank you!
    Your sister, your friend
    Summie ;-)
    p.s. love the song!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song brakes my heart. it was playing the the moment tyler first told me about Lyric's heart. Your a great sister Randi! Summer is so beyond strong! I only hope to be as strong as her and her daughter one day ;)Love you both!

    ReplyDelete