Monday, March 28, 2011

Living with Intention....

The definition of intentions: 1-a determination to act in a certain way : resolve 2-significance 3- what one intends to do or bring about Have you ever been driving along the road and realized after a couple moments (or minutes) that you haven't really been paying attention that much? I mean, sure you are stopping at lights and you have a final goal, but you aren't really fully there, fully present? Well I found myself there the other day and as I brought myself back to reality, I realized at times I had often done that in my christian walk, just kind of journeying along but with no real focus, no real intention, just going. I realized in that moment that our lives must be lived with intention, with a determination to act in a certain way, with significance, with focus of what one intends to do or bring about. So my question to myself was this... who am I pouring into to? who am I disciplining? how am I growing? Relationships are a part of life, no matter what, they are there, good, bad and the ugly of them, they are there and I will impact the relationships I have, but will it be good, bad or ugly? Without intention it (my walk as God's daughter, my relationships, my life) could just be nothing, never pushing, never growing, never challenging, never changing. OUCH!! That sounds...well... worthless. Pursing on to living with intention....

No comments:

Post a Comment