Sunday, October 4, 2009

My First 5K!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, October 3, 2009, was my first 5K!!! I have been running for about 12 weeks and about 6 weeks ago I decided that I was going to run a 5K! So yesterday after hours of sweat and lots of miles I finally ran it and most imprtantly FINISHED it!!!! I was super stoked. Jon ran in highschool so he is way faster than I will ever be, but for my first race we ran it together! (he even stepped back and let me finish first:-) My time was a 30:14 which I was hoping for under a 30 minute time, but oh well next time for sure!! I am learning a lot about running and I am really developing a love and passion for it. I probably wont run anymore races until the spring mainly bc I HATE the cold. I am going to train and work hard who knows maybe someday I'll even complete a 10K! Also as the girls get older it will be easier to race...I'm pretty sure I was the only nursing mom there! Thanks to everyone who answered my running questions, watched my kids so I could run and came to support me!! I couldn't have done it without you guys!





























3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you!! You did great and looked good doing it :-) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you girl! Great job, what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooooo proud of you!! That's a great time and you FINISHED!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete