Friday, November 6, 2009

Brother-in-law Challenge

So Doug (my brother-in-law) called me back in September with a weight loss challenge!! His challenge was this, that I had to lose fifteen pounds by Christmas morning...as did he. If either one of us didn't lose the weight then we would have to pay the other on $100.00!!! If we both lose the weight then we are both just winners! I accepted this challenge with a smile on my face and a little bit of fear in my heart. We started this challenge when I was 147 pounds so my final what I like to call "beat Doug goal" is 132. I am soooo close!!!
While I am on the subject of my brother in law, I just wanted to tell him thank you for the encouragement he has been in my life. I told Jon about the challenge and he said, "wow, Doug has really pushed you in a lot of ways through your life." You see Doug was the first one to get me on a roller coaster (through bribery) and when I couldn't figure out how to get my contacts in (back when I was twelve) he sat and worked with me for hours,until I figured it out...to this day I still put them in and take them out the way he taught me.
Often times people push us in our life and we never take the time to tell them, so I wanted to make it public! Thanks Douglas!! Thanks for taking the time to push me and being like a brother to me. :-) oh yeah I am totally not going to have to give you $100.00 and I am planning to spend yours on new clothes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment