Thursday, February 17, 2011

A new day!!!

Have you ever had a day planned but then when you woke up and got your day going you are very harshly hit by reality that anything you thought you were going to do, your not. Let's take my day today as an example. I had grand plans of spending time outside with my daughters and being super productive getting things done inside, but then 1:30 am came and Isabelle comes down the stairs and says "mom, if I change can I sleep with you and dad?" I thought oh great she peed the bed, which she never does, but then I sleepily reply, "why Isabelle?" She says because I threw up everywhere. So we give her a bath get new jams on and all get tucked in. 2:08 Kimberlin wakes up crying. 2:23 Isabelle throws up again. 2:54 Kimberlin wakes up...this goes on and on until about 7:30 at which we finally all woke up and cuddled up on the couch. Then Isabelle throws up all over the blankets then Kimberlin throws up too.
So needless to say I am up to my neck in sheets and blankets to be washed and I have two babies that just want to be as close to me as possible...so that is what our "new day" looks like today!! I will grab some good books and embrace my day on the couch loving on my daughters, and hold their hair as the vomit. In these moments I realize this, they wont always want to be this way with me when they are sick...so we will enjoy the moments together!!
Vomit, laundry, baths and all....

No comments:

Post a Comment