Friday, February 4, 2011

Pursuing Greatness...or at least trying....

Greatness (or the lack there of) is something that keeps coming up in my life--greatness that glorifies God with every breathe I breathe? What does this look like in my life?? How do I pursue that right now? These are just a few of the questions that keep surfacing in my head.



When I look at myself, I see this potential of greatness, that I do not know how to get out of myself?? I do not mean greatness in the sense of "wow she is perfect" but greatness relationally and who I am deep down at the center.

This heart that beats so selfishly-I want it to beat to give.



The wife that is not always loving-I want to act in love.



The mom that is not always relational due to stuff that "has to get done" I want to take time to pour into their hearts with no abandonment.



The sister who does not listen enough-I want to be there with all my heart.



The daughter who does not take time to see her parents-I want to meet them where they are in their life.



The friend who does not make enough time to connect-I want to connect deeper.



The christian who lives half-hearted I want to grow past that.



The me that judges and condemns-I want to love.



By pursuing these characteristics...this life-style--will I achieve greatness????



Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:48

No comments:

Post a Comment