Sunday, February 20, 2011

Simply Wise

Have you ever bought something you just thought 'you could NOT ever live without?" An outfit (that turns out to not look as good on you as you thought) , an appliance (that ends up getting dusty), a pair of shoes (you wore once), a book (you never read), or a hair/makeup (product that sits in your cabinet)?? I have...all of the above. Summer and I had a garage sell last spring and we ended up laughing so hard because we were with each other as we bought a lot of the things we were now selling...to de-clutter our house and because we just did not use or need them anymore. The fact is we probably did not need them in the first place, I mean after all they ended up being sold in a garage sell for dollar...seriously.
So after the above being said and in honor of going to a Dave Ramsey seminar yesterday, I want to encourage us to really be wise in spending. I know it is easy to justify spending on a super-cute outfit for your kids (believe me I know this feeling well I have two girls), but the question is simple...do they really need it?? Will they even care?? The even bigger question is this do we need it?? Here is to spending wisely and in doing that we reach simplicity.....

1 comment:

  1. What does Dave always say "buying things we don't need, to impress paople we don't even like!" lol that just makes me laugh!! Great post... here is to March!!

    ReplyDelete