Saturday, August 7, 2010

Blackberry Festival 2010

Our town has a festival every 4th of July and it is one of the highlights to my most favorite holidays, I know it is something so simple and so small, but it is so fun and having kids makes it even more fun!! This year Belle got to pick two rides the first one was the giant slide, which I was cool with because Jon goes down with her, but then Jon gave her the choice to pick her own ride and she picked one that was a little scary...for me. She was fearless and had a friend to go with but I was terrified. The whole time Jon waited with her in line I was thinking, "Is my daughter really old enough to ride this ride alone??" Let me say she was in no danger whatsoever and she met all height requirements, it was just a new step for me. I love her courage and how brave she is. I love that Jon has taught her these qualities by giving her freedom to explore, that I might not have. I pray as her mom that I teach her to use these strong qualities in a way that glorifies the One that gave her them.
Waiting in line

Just getting going....

Throwing her head back, enjoying every second!!

This pic is blurry but I love how hard she is laughing:)

Due to the rain, we watched the passing parade from inside our house!! Nice to live on a mainstreet of a small town!!


I can't wait to ride roller coasters with these girls!! Praying for many more 4ths to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment