Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trusting on the journey...

A few months ago, my friend Jess had taken Isabelle for me because I had a meeting after church, so she was taking her kids and Isabelle to go pick blackberries, at her mother in laws house. I went to pick Belle up and on the way back to the cars from where you could pick the blackberries we were riding in a golf cart, it was her and I in the front with Kimberlin and then her husband and the three kids were on the back seat, anyways I was riding along enjoying the scenery and I wasn't holding on too tight, or freaking out because we were going fast, but her husband kept saying, "Jess slow down" or "watch out for that bump up here." I was thinking about the lack of fear I had, because she knew this path and I trusted her.

In life sometimes we want God to show us the whole picture and we ask Him, "can't You just show me how this is going to work out and I will follow You," or we sit there in fear because we don't know the whole picture. You see if God showed us the whole picture we would probably freak out (to say the least). We couldn't handle knowing where all the bumps and potholes of life are, so instead God says "Do you trust Me?" "Will you trust Me?"

I know that trials look different for us all and sometimes I find myself asking, "God can't you just take this away, I am not strong enough to walk through this valley." Every time I hit this point I feel God gently pull me close to his side and say, "No, daughter I cannot take it away because without this trial, you will not become what I want you to be, what I created you to be, what I know you can be."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for blogging that! What a challenge to trust God and His character, knowing He truly knows and wants the best for us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete