Monday, August 16, 2010

a really good friend....

Sometimes you need a friend, and other times you need a really great friend who is going to love you no matter what has happened. I ran in a race on Saturday night, called the Midnight Streak, no you don't streak during it, but anyways it was my worst run EVER. It started off bad when I forgot to start my watch, then got worse when I remembered my watch, but then couldn't get it working...I finally said forget it. Then the race was super crowded and people would stop running mid run to walk, so all of the sudden someone in front of you would quit running and there was no where to go to get around them because of ALL the people (they should have started us in rounds or something because the course was too tight). I was doing pretty good and then around mile two, I started to have some bladder issues, I am not sure if it was because I was running at night and had hydrated too much, or if I just didn't empty my bladder enough, or if passing two children through that area has taken its toll, and unfortunately has caught up with me, but with every step it was getting worse and worse. I finally had to walk for a little bit because it was so bad. I just wanted to sit and cry and I knew that Kat was coming pretty quick behind me and that she would help, but I fought through the urge to sit and cry, and I finished the race, but it was like I said before my WORST race ever. After I crossed the finish line I just started crying and Kat found me and hugged me in spite of my sweat and my problems and she told me it was OK. I am blogging this because although it is super embarrassing, I really didn't know that it happened to woman (after I talked to several woman about it, I found out it is actually pretty common). After we got back to the car Kat had some extra shorts and we were laughing about it all saying "that is what good friends are for to let you borrow there shorts when you wet your pants!" I have always been super honest on this blog and I want women to know that stuff like this happens, so needless to say I probably won't be doing a lot more night runs, and I definitely won't over hydrate myself again before a race. I will post more pics tomorrow of the race. I would also like to say that the other three who ran with me did awesome and I was glad to have their love and support :) This whole night made me thankful for the community of support that I have tied myself to! Thanks Kat

Even the bad runs must be recognized and remembered because hopefully it will push me on to greatness....

No comments:

Post a Comment